shot tube or roman candle?

Discussion in 'Anthonys Thought of the Day' started by Anthony, Feb 12, 2013.

  1. Anthony

    Anthony Galactic Firework Addict

    Some firework manufacturers are different when it comes to naming their roman candles:

    Some use the term shot tube/shot tube battery or shot tube combination to describe their roman candles, roman candle cakes and roman candle barrages,

    While others use roman candle, roman candle battery or roman candle combination on their labelling.

    The term roman candle/roman candle battery and roman candle combination is simpler and less confusing than shot tube shot tube/shot tube battery or shot tube combination.

    What do you think? :)
  2. jamietje

    jamietje Galactic Fireworks Forum Member

    I think it should always be called roman candle.
  3. BrocadeKnight

    BrocadeKnight Galactic Firework Addict

    Mmmmm... Cake!

    A Roman candle to me is a single tube ejecting usually 6-10 shots.
    Or single-shot Roman candle, for professional pyro musical use.
    For the sake of our labelling regime I'm perfectly happy with Roman candle combination/barrage.
    Shot tubes are the latest moronic supermarket Standard fireworks nonsense.
    Single Ignition I also find retarded... When have you ever lit the same fireworks twice?!
    As a term applied to a long burning cake that cycles through various effects - a display in a box - i don't mind the prefix single ignition. If you're only using one firework!
    But not for all large cakes! It just doesn't make any sense!

Share This Page